Brandon M. Steen, MD
Shoulder and Upper Extremity Care
Elbow and Wrist Care
Joint Preservation, Revision and Replacement
Education & Training
- Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Fellowship, Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Tampa, FL
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Brandon Steen is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery. He received sub-specialty training at Florida Orthopaedic Institute where he performed several hundred primary and revision shoulder replacements, reverse shoulder replacements, shoulder repair, as well as arthroscopic shoulder and elbow procedures.
Dr. Steen completed his orthopaedic training at Boston University Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center. His training included significant exposure to complex fractures, joint replacement surgery and arthroscopic surgery.
He completed a post-doctoral research fellowship at Boston University that led to numerous peer reviewed articles on topics ranging from stem cell therapy to treatment of hip fractures. He is an author of three orthopaedic book chapters on treatment of shoulder and elbow fractures, and the science of bone healing. He graduated from Ohio State University College of Medicine with honors in surgery.
Prior to pursuing his medical career, Dr. Steen enjoyed and excelled at sports from a young age. He pitched for the Ohio State Buckeyes, while completing a degree in microbiology and pre-medicine.