Mark W. Hollmann, MD
Education & Training
- Knee Reconstruction Surgery Fellowship, Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, Winter Park, FL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL
- UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
It was Dr. Mark Hollmann’s experience as an All-American collegiate athlete that sparked a passion and launched a career in sports medicine and orthopaedics. During his career, Dr. Hollmann was a Team Physician for the 1996 Olympic Men’s and Women’s Basketball Teams. He also spent a year as the Assistant Team Physician for the Orlando Magic. On the local level, he is the Team Physician for Stetson University athletics and orthopaedic consultant for the local high schools.
Dr. Hollmann is one of the select few Volusia County surgeons with the honor of being inducted into the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons; and one of the most experienced joint replacement specialists in Central Florida, ranking 10th in the State of Florida for performing the highest volume of total knee replacement procedures*.
A board–certified and fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Hollmann was the first surgeon in the area to perform the MAKOplasty® robotic partial knee replacement.
Dr. Hollmann continues to play an integral role in the advancement of orthopaedic surgery in Central Florida as a consultant for a number of total joint companies. He is actively involved in medical research which keeps him on the forefront of advances in hip and knee surgery.
In his spare time, Dr. Hollmann enjoys fishing, golf and attending his kids’ sporting events.
* Source: www.floridahealthfinder.gov (Mar 2018)