Royce E. Hood, Jr., MD
Non-Surgical Management and Treatment
General and Pediatric Orthopaedics
Hip, Knee and Ankle Care
Neck and Spine Care
Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand Care
Education & Training
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Wilford Hall, United States Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, Gainesville, FL
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Royce Hood, Jr. is a native Floridian who chose the field of orthopaedic medicine because it offered a wide variety of challenges, relatively rapid recovery and a high level of patient satisfaction. He completed his medical training at Emory University School of Medicine, and served in the United States Air Force, where he completed his orthopaedic residency.
In 1975, Dr. Hood moved to DeLand and established his orthopaedic practice with Drs. Richard Huster and Taylor Griffin. He is currently practicing non-surgical orthopaedics.
Dr. Hood is committed to the Christian life and its influence on the healing and well-being of his patients. He is known for his wit and genuine interest in the overall patient, thus establishing many longtime patient/doctor relationships.